A note to my husband...

Babe -

Today is your 33rd birthday.  I remember when we were first talking, right before we "officially" started dating, and you had just celebrated your 18th birthday.  It's amazing how quickly 15 years goes by...

I want to thank you for the incredible person you are.  You lead our family, and do it selflessly.  You love our children unconditionally and, to them, you are a hero.  You are my biggest supporter, while helping to make sure I don't get in over my head.  You are an amazing son and brother, son-in-law and brother-in-law.  Your nieces giggle at you.  Your friends appreciate you.  Your co-workers respect you.  You have an ability to lead complete strangers into worship when you sit behind the drums.  God has used and is using you to touch the lives of so many people!

I love how motivated, passionate and driven you are while still kindly dealing with others feelings.  My heart skips a beat when you send me random flowers during the course of the year, or a "pst...I love you" text message.  I melt each and every time you tenderly look at our children, cuddle them or wrestle on the office floor.  I cherish the spontaneous dance parties in our living room and Saturday morning tickle wars in bed.

I am thankful for the way you have always done the late night baby feedings so that I can go to bed, and for how you take care of dishes after dinner.  I am blessed that you remain patient with me even after I've been unkind.  I laugh each time you catch another "Cassieism" and appreciate how open and honest we are with each other - that we allow our relationship to be an open book and let others see into the far-from-perfect yet wonderful marriage we have!

There is no one else I would rather sit on the couch next to after the littles are sleeping or wake up with in the morning with once the kiddies are bursting at the seams with energy!  I am grateful that, even after an argument, we resolve our issues before falling asleep.  I am proud to be your wife.  You are my confidant, my sounding board, my best friend...  Doing life with you is doing life right!



I love you, Dave.  
Happy birthday!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How we celebrated our "Tin/Aluminium" 10 year wedding anniversary.

Disney: 10 Tips Before You Leave

In Christ Alone - This Wife's Perspective on Cancer