About Me

 "Who can find a virtuous woman?  For her price is far above rubies." - Proverbs 31:10

As I start this blog, the only thing that keeps running through my head is...Proverbs 31.  I have done extensive studies on what it means to be a Proverbs 31 woman and how I can daily strive to follow her virtuous example.  But, we'll get into that in future posts.  For now, I want to tell you a little bit about me and my family.

I am married to the love of my life and best friend, Dave.  We are high school sweethearts.  This is our 14th year together and we'll be celebrating our 10th wedding anniversary this November!  He was absolutely created specifically for me and balances my flaws.  I love him more now that I did when we met and thank God for the years we've celebrated while praying for 100 more.

After graduating high school in 2001 I knew, without a doubt, God had called me into teaching.  I attended Roberts Wesleyan College and finished their program in 2005 with a degree in childhood and special education.  I was discouraged that, after college, there were no teaching positions open and ended up becoming a nanny while waiting for an opportunity to become available.  As the days, months and years went by with no local schools hiring, I felt called to begin perusing options in early education.  I went through the long (and exhausting) process of opening my own business.  Bright Beginnings Preschool was scheduled to open in the fall of 2007, however we failed to get proper enrollment and could not cover our own running costs.  The same day I was forced into closing the preschool (before it ever even opened) I was called about a 3rd grade teaching position at Bread of Life Christian Academy.

For two wonderful years I taught 3rd grade and knew I was right where the Lord wanted me to be.  It was after the birth of our first daughter, Isabella, in the summer of 2009 that my hearts desire began to change.  I wanted nothing more than to be home with my; sweet, cheerful, precious baby girl.  However, I still wasn't willing to give up teaching in a classroom altogether and decided to work part time as the kindergarten head teacher.


Just as the 2009-2010 school year came to an end, and Bella was 10 months old, we found out the surprising news that we were expecting our 2nd baby!  Knowing that it would be financially difficult to drop down to one salary, yet also feeling God's hand in our decision, we stepped out in faith and in the summer of 2010 I became a full time stay at home mom.

Our second daughter, Abigail, was born in the spring on 2011.  She's; ambitious, confident, hilarious and absolutely wonderful.  I can't imagine what life would be like without my two special girls and their amazing daddy!

In January 2015 we added Aidan, our foster son, to the family and are on the road to adoption!


So, while I always thought I was called to teach in a classroom, I now realize that my home is the most important classroom of all!  I find great joy in teaching my children practical ways each day to become Proverbs 31 women themselves while contributing towards our families finances in the process.



Comments

  1. Wonderful story... and looking forward to future posts! Love how you are involving your children at such a young age, not only fiscal responsibility... but the Biblical principles behind wise stewardship!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

How we celebrated our "Tin/Aluminium" 10 year wedding anniversary.

Disney: 10 Tips Before You Leave

In Christ Alone - This Wife's Perspective on Cancer